After spending halloween in Hong Kong Disneyland, I was excited to take my dad to a halloween themed Disneyland because I’m sure he would love it.
I decided to take him to Shanghai Disneyland because he wanted to try the Tron ride so I felt like it was a 2 birds with 1 stone kind of situation.
How to go:
Take Line 11 all the way to Disney Resort Station.
REGINE’S TIP: DO NOT SWITCH TRAINS AT LONGHUA STATION (LINE 12) BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE STATION TO SWITCH LINES (aka. you’ll have to pay more + walk outside the station)
I bought my tickets via Klook
If you will also book via Klook, don’t forget to bring your passport (whoever bought the ticket) because the person at the entrance will ask for it.
To avail the fast pass in Shanghai Disneyland, you have to download the app. Before you head to Shanghai, I suggest to download the app before you fly to Shanghai so you will not have a hard time.
Here is how the app looks like:
**** FOR THOSE WHO READ MY BLOG ABOUT SPENDING HALLOWEEN IN HONG KONG DISNEYLAND THEN YOU’LL KNOW HOW MUCH I WANTED TO DRESS UP AS ANNA FROM FROZEN!! WELL I WANT TO TELL YOU GUYS I WAS ABLE TO DO IT IN SHANGHAI!!!****
What to expect at Shanghai Disneyland during halloween:
all photos taken using an iPhone and a Fujifilm X-A3 18-55 mm
So which Disneyland should you go during halloween season? Shanghai or Hong Kong?
Personally for me Shanghai wins!!! Why?
1. The weather during October IS SO GOOD! The weather is sooo cool unlike October in Hong Kong where it’s hot and a little bit humid.
2. Shanghai has TRON, Star Wars Bay, Pirates of the Caribbean, and even Toy Story Land (which you can find in Hong Kong). They also have Alice in Wonderland maze which was A W E S O M E!!
3. The floats during the parade WAS ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL (plus they have a Frozen, Mulan, and Hades float)
4. Their castle screening and fireworks performance WAS ALSO ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL (Shanghai obviously did not come to play)
5. There are more people in Hong Kong since people feel Hong Kong is better than Shanghai (idk why, Shanghai’s not so bad, the people I meet aren’t rude)
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND VISITING SHANGHAI FOR HALLOWEEN!! Promise you won’t regret it 🎃🎃