There are some people who would ask me – “Regine, what app do you use when you’re commuting in Seoul using the subway?” and I would tell them that I keep on changing subway apps or that I have a lot of subway apps pre loaded inside my phone.
Thankfully after our most recent trip, I finally found the metro app that gave me all the information I needed.
The metro app that I am loving is called KakaoMetro.
Things that I love about this app:
1. It gives you the accurate travel time
2. You can see the train schedule REAL TIME
3. You don’t need the internet to access this app
4. It tells you how much your ride costs
5. It can alert you when you’re a station away from getting down (just click the clock logo on the lower right)
One of the days while we were inside the train, my dad noticed that KakaoMetro can also be used in Busan if you will go around Busan via subway!
If you click the 3 lines on the upper left
This is what you will see
If you also notice below, there is a KakaoBus app.
Although I wasn’t able to try this app, I assume that it is equally as helpful as the KakaoMetro app for those who will go around exploring via bus.
Hopefully you’ll find this metro app useful as well during your stay in Seoul (or even Busan!)
Read about my other Seoul , Busan or Jinhae adventures