Japan is one of the more famous places for Filipinos to visit and so I’ve decided to share with you my experience in applying for a visa.
I’m travelling back to Japan this September. It’s not my first time to go here, I’ve already went to Toyko and Osaka years ago but my current destination is a different area of Japan! You cannot directly go to the Japanese Embassy and you have to go to a travel agency instead to help you get a visa. Thankfully my go to Travel Agency – Golden Chariot Tour and Travel Planner Inc. can help me apply for my visa.
JAPAN VISA REQUIREMENTS:
1. Philippine Passport
– Valid for 6 months PROIOR date of travel
– MUST have signature
– Should have at least 2 blank pages
– Broken lamination of the photo part WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
2. Application Form
-print in A4 size (sharing with you the Japan Visa Application Form)
3. 4.5 cm x 4.5 cm (2 pcs)
– On white background
– Photo MUST be PASTED on the application form, DO NOT STAPLE
4. Birth Certificate of Applicant
– Must be from PSA main office / Serbilis Center issued within 1 year
5. Marriage Contract
– Must be from NSO main office/ Serbilis Center issued within 1 year
!! If the applicant has old or valid passport with used Japanese Visa, he/she is exempted from submission of Birth Certificate and Marriage Contract.
He/she must attach the old passport with used Japanese Visa !!
6. Certificate of Employment
– For Employee: Stating position, tenure of service and with gross annual income
– For Self-Employed: DTI Business Name Registration and or SEC Registration Certificate
7. For Minors (Student)
– Notarized Affidavit of Support
– Copy of School I.D.
8. Daily Schedule in Japan
– Day to Day planned itinerary (sharing with you how it should look like, click me)
9. Bank Certificate
10. Income Tax Return Copy
– Form 2316 / 1700 / 1701 / 1702 (original and photocopy)
Duration of visa processing: 5 – 7 working days
Hope this helps for your application to Japan!