I was able to convince my friends to stay for a night at Busan since I saw somewhere that the sunrise at Busan was too beautiful for words and photos cannot give justice to how it looks in real life.
Busan is actually far from Seoul and you need to ride the KTX train. There were not much blogs that wrote about this so I’m glad to be able to be one of those who will share the “how to” to you guys! The train ride from Seoul to Busan is around 2hr40min and from Busan to Seoul is the same (2hr40min).
First thing to do is book a Korail ticket on the KTX website -> click me
This is what you’ll see when you click the “click me”
1. Choose your Korail Pass Type
2. Enter your necessary details
3. click No for Railplus
Since we were going to spend 2 days in Busan we chose the Korail Pass FX (2days) – this is the flexi 2day Korail pass.
These are the rates:
*2019 MAY UPDATE*
There is NO MORE “Youth” option on Korail’s site. They are only offering these kind of tickets on their site.
Upon checking, if you are considered an adult (age 13 up) – will be cheaper if you purchase from Klook’s website : click me.
Ticket still looks the same!
After paying, there will be a PDF file that you have to print/save that looks like this.
Have the option to book your seats in advance! (but you can also opt to get your seat and show your ticket on the day you are heading to Busan or back to Seoul)
How to reserve seats:
1. Head over to this website (click me)
2. Click “My Reservation” and enter your Korail Pass No. and click “Inquiry”Your Korail pass number can be found on the e-ticket which was emailed to you
3. Click your pass and “details”4. Click “Add” beside “Date of travel 1” and “Date of travel 2” 5. Enter your dates of travel
Date of travel 1 : date where you will leave Seoul
Date of travel 2 : date where you will leave Busan6. At the bottom part of the page, click list
7. You will be re-directed to this page. Now you can click “seat reservation”
8. a. Select the same travel type, travel path, type of train as photo below
b. Date of departure: date where you will leave Seoul, enter the hour where you plan to leave Seoul
c. Passengers : number of passengers you booked
d. click “Inquiry”
9. You will be re-directed to this page where you can choose your departure time.
Click “select” under economy class of your desired departure time from Seoul and “next”
10. You will be redirected to a page where you can see your seats and other details. All you have to do here is click “next”
11. You will be then re-directed to this page.
IMPORTANT: Click print and print your train ticket because this is your ticket as you board the train
12. Hooray! You have reserved a seat.
13. Follow the same steps if you also want to book a seat from Busan to Seoul.
Seoul – Busan
1. Go to Seoul Station (Airport railroad line, line 1, line 4)
2. Get out at exit 1
Busan – Seoul
Go to Busan Station (this is where you go out coming from Seoul)
all photos taken using an iPhone
Hope this can help anyone who are coming from Seoul and would like to travel to Busan!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning I’ll get a small commission if you make a purchase at NO extra cost to you. I would really appreciate your support as this helps me keep this website going. Thank you!